Policies and Procedures
1. All payments are processed by pre-authorized credit cards on the first of the month. Private lessons are $200 per month for weekly 30 minute sessions, $280 per month for weekly 45 minute lessons, and $360 per month for weekly 60 minute sessions. There is a $35 registration fee due ONLY at the time of registration. Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books or instruments.
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2. For any lessons missed by a teacher, the Studio will attempt to provide a substitute teacher. If a substitute teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lesson with the teacher will be scheduled promptly. For any lesson missed by a student, the Studio requires at least 24 hours notice for the student to request the make-up of that class, which should take place within two weeks from the date of the original class. Less than 24-hour notice or no notice will result in forfeiting that class and no makeup will be scheduled.
3. Every student here is on a month-to-month basis. To discontinue lessons and to discontinue charges to your account, fill out the withdrawal form before the 15th of your last month. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons. Students will be responsible for their last month’s tuition whether or not they attend lessons.
AVERAGE OF FOUR LESSONS PER MONTH
4. Monthly tuition is based on a 48 week year. We are closed for four weeks for holidays. In the long months, you will get five months, short months such as November and December, you will get three lessons, and most months you will get four lessons. The tuition is the SAME each month; i.e. we don’t charge you more when you have five lessons, and we don’t charge you less when you have three lessons in a month. This makes everyone’s accounting easier.
5. The OMS operates year-round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer unlimited makeups for our students. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the next month, your payment is still due on the first of the month to reserve your lesson space. The lessons for the month you miss can be made up when you return from vacation.
CARE OF STUDENTS
6. The school is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain in the school lobby during the classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
7. Parents are always allowed to sit in on lessons. We have an open-door policy for lessons.
8. Parents, legal guardians of minors, students, and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. The Orange Music Studio is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles or items stolen from vehicles.
9. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the Studio. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. Students are not to be dropped off on the street or curb. The Studio assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.